Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Do you have to have a lawyer to appear before Qcat?

Customer Question
Do you have to...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is a dispute with a section of a hospital but is more administrative than a medical one although treatment is an issue.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/26/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

can you explain further about the claim that is being raised ?

An application to receive a subsidy (reimbursement) of travelling & accommodation whilst receiving medical treatment more than 50 kms from home has been denied (ruled ineligible) BUT the decision was made BEFORE all the recommended paperwork had been submitted. N.B. In breach of 6.2 of the Guidelines for a scheme known as PTSS.
This matter commenced back in April 2016 and relates to my wife aged 93 years treatment of Lymphoedema - post cancer!
The hospital in question TRIES to assert that they could provide the necessary treatment BUT I now have written proof that this was/is NOT SO! The amount of claim is approximately $1300.

so you are in the process of appealing the current order from QCAT, is that right ?