Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I tested postive twice to amphetimines pleading not guilty…

Customer Question
Hi i tested postive...

Hi i tested postive twice to amphetimines pleading not guilty due to meds for ADHD my driving record will be shown to the judge and theres been a technacilty saying within 5years i got caught driving without a lience 19 years ago yes not within the last 5 years they said i got 8years but i wouldnt be driving now if that was the case

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes nsw im on the pension dont have the money but this makes me look bad they have lied for one saying within 5years secondly 19 didnt think that would be shown after ,10years should this be thrown out aswell as im on priscrbe. Meds

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Court papers written out by the police for court fay papers that woll be given to the judge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just those 3

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/26/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

On the meds that you were taking does it say on the description of the medicine that you should not be driving while taking the same ?

No it that they are emphetime bassed like speed but when u have them they slow me down not hype me up somone without my condission would be high awake for days my test came nack postive to methamphetimes so because om pleading not quilty my other question is why have they lied and stated i drove with out a lience within the last five years when it was 18 years ago can they show this and lie on documents stating this happened 5years.ago it makes it look like my drug was after this is this a technacality

sometimes the technicality is the cause, but the defence to the same needs to be carefully prepared.

have you drafted a defence to the claim yet ?

No i havent but surly they cant put down driving without a lience when it happend 18 years ago then change it to 5 years ago to make my new charge look bad

You are correct in respect to certain aspects.

I have extended a special offer to you to talk on the telephone if you prefer to make it easier ?