Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My son was dating a girl 2 years ago he was. 14 and in feb

Customer Question

My son was dating a girl 2 years ago he was. 14 and in feb this year she put him on threee aggravated sexual assault charges he is now 17 he has been seeing als hatter 10 months they decided to plead guilty of first charge of under age swx they did have sexual when they were dating nsw law it's illegal but than she started dating my sons best friend she's self harms has a mental illness we have fbook msg of her contacting him many times after the accusation even inviting him over to her place his solicitor went to court to weeks ago for an agrugment in regards ***** ***** age consensual sex they denied it the charges were laid after the victim found out my son was having a baby I'm a single mum and he has a hearing on the 7/8 dec I'm really not confident on how things will turn out just wish I could afford proper legal advice kind regards ***** *****
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry it's nsw
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Um not sure what you mean there's a statement from her and her mum his on bail with strict cerfew we've been to court several times his was arrested at parramatta by the detective from Penrith sexual assault squad
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They were doing a lot of drugs together at that point his turned his life around but now it maybe to late
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  John Melis replied 12 months ago.

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Your son can raise defenses in respect to mental illness which may reduce the penalty that could apply.

Have you consider this option ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No because he is saying his not guilty he was going to say he was guilty for the underage sex but it was denied and his def not guilty for the the aggravated assault after they dated

can you explain a bit further please.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
They dated for a month when he was 14 years old they had sex they smiled a lot of pot my son broke up with her valentine day cause she jumped in a car with boys he wasn't happy about they stayed friends she started dating my sons best friend she said her mum bought her alcohol she got drunk and invited my son over she remember s nothing yet woke up to her pants being down and a uses condom on the floor

if you prefer we can talk possible solutions on the telephone if you prefer. I have extended a special offer in this situation to make it easier for you .

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry I just neede a second option and my bank account is a little low at the moment thankyou kind regards Justine

totally understand. You can accept the offer when you need and we can talk on the phone at that time.

In the meantime we can still chat here.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thankyou I'm hoping that all her fbook msg to my son after the accusation will help his. Case they were still friends chatting for two years after now she has him on three assault charges

yes understand, this requires careful handling, which we can discuss in detail when you have time.