Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need to talk to an ombudsman regarding a banking issue.

Customer Question
I need to talk...

I need to talk to an ombudsman regarding a banking issue

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure,it is a complex issue and I need to speak to someone,can I call

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/24/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

We are not the ombudsman and the ombudsman will not speak to you or chat to you.

You have to lodge a complaint and they will investigate.

The link for lodging a complaint is as follows

https://www.fos.org.au/resolving-disputes/before-you-lodge-a-dispute/

Follow the process suggested and they will them make a ruling.

If the ruling is in your favour the bank cannot appeal. If it is against you then you have a right of appeal

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards