Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im trying to find out if by using my ID number, i can trace…

Hi Im trying to...

Hi Im trying to find out if by using my ID number , i can trace my parents details and ID numbers?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No i have my mother full Names but not my dad and dont have contact, my dad left when i was 5 and my mother no contact for the past 17 years, im now 32 and want to immigrate to Australia and they need the details to do a unabridged birth certificate

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Sorry not sure what that is?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The immigration agent for Australia said i must get a unabridged certificate and home affairs said i need those details

11/24/2017
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

which ID number and country of origin are you referring too ?

Hi John
Im from South Africa my Identity number

so are you in Australia now ?

No im immigrating next year with my husband and son on the visa 457

Would you like to talk on the phone ?

No sorry everyone is still asleep :) The immigration agent for the company my husband will be working from Jan said my birth certificate my also be unabridged.
But im 32 years old i thought its only for children under 18

what about you accept the offer then I can call when you have time, this will make it easier to answer your questions.

okay

thats great.

just select the offer when you are ready.

John Melis, Lawyer
Its fine you can call i going outside.
+27 84(###) ###-####

When would you like me to call.

you can call now im going outside

I can call you in 10 minutes.

okay thanks
Hi are you still going to call
the calling is taking longer ... just tell me is it a requirement from Australia immigration border that adults have a unabridged birth certificate?

calling now