Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can we sell our investment property to our daughter under…

Customer Question
Hi I am Michelle...

Hi I am Michelle, can we sell our investment property to our daughter under market value in the ACT and what do we need to consider

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Hi Pearl, we are in the ACT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you means filed or reported

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/24/2017
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, you can sell it for any price you so wish.
Issue is, if it is well under, the stamp duty may well be a factor, as it will be at the market, not sale amount.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost