Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son died intestate two years ago.As administrators of his…

Customer Question
My son died intestate...

My son died intestate two years ago.As administrators of his estate both his partner and I really want this business completed.We have long since paid his debtors .His abn and taxfile no.have been ceased.The tax office says that we do not owe tax.Wehave asked for this in writing but as yet have heard nothing.Can we go ahead and pay the beneficiaries?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

W.a.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

All the documents relating to Mark's estate apart from our request to the tax office

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was a family distribution agreement drawn up as my daughters contested the will,but that is all agreed upon.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/24/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

has the minimum period of 6 months passed since probate has been granted ?

about 18months ago it was granted

You can do a interim distribution. But it is important that you follow the correct procedures to do so.

do you know how to do this ?