Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Victoria. I need advice as to how to proceed with a solar…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl, my name...

Hello Pearl, my name is*****: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need advice as to how to proceed with a solar panels installator who has not forwarded the certficate to my electricity supplier

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/23/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Have you forward a written compliant on the basis of the obligations under the contract yet ?

I have spoken to Alinta, the electricity supplier who also have been unable to contact the solar panels installer
Are you there?

This could result in a breach of contract, were you can seek compensation, with arranging another installer to complete the job.

The first step that you should do is issue a formal complaint in writing.

do you need help with this ?

Thank the complaint to whom? The installer's company?

If your contract is with the installation company the formal complaint is issued to them.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

Thank you. I understand we have one more step (written complaint) before anything. Could I please have a copy of this conversation via email?

You will need to print the transcript from your computer as I do have that access control.

did I answer your important question today ?

thank you Mr Melis

Thank you .

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.

I will thanks again

you are welcome