Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a bus lane penalty notice. $330 I heard that I am…

Customer Question
I have a bus...

I have a bus lane penalty notice. $330 I heard that I am actually allowed in the lane because I wanted to turn left. If I was in the right lane I could've caused an accident. Please help.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

I live in Sydney. No I have not. You are the first person I have spoken to about the matter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I don't think so. They sent the fine to me yesterday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Not at the moment.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/23/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

there are two ways to deal with this situation.

issue a review notice for the penalty based on facts that you can provide, or appeal the decision in the court.

which option do you prefer ?