Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have electricity and gas with AGL, I have a letter dated…

Customer Question
I have electricity and...

I have electricity and gas with AGL, I have a letter dated 25 November 2016 stating that they are going to upgrade my electricity meter. I have a small solar plate system. The upgrade still has not happened despite many phone calls. Apparently the contractors came to do the job and looked over the back fence and saw the meter but found the back gate locked. The back gate is on McNabb Crescent. Our front is Hart Street, we are on the corner block. They did not come to the front, access that way is not locked. They would have had unrestricted access that way. The latest phone call I made just now told me they will reschedule but could not give me a date. Apart from changing suppliers what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We live in Griffith NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I only have the original letter and a notice that they will be visiting from 6 February 2017 to 17 February 2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I guess the new meter will be a benefit as it will change the way we use our generated electricity first, and then the grid power?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/23/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Thank you

do you have more details on the meter ?