Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a guest that has overstayed his welcome by 2 years! -

Customer Question
I have a guest...

I have a guest that has overstayed his welcome by 2 years ! - as, after moving in via verbal invitation for a couple of days or a couple of weeks, he had to have a hip replacement, so out of kindness, I let him stay longer, then there was the recovery period, then physio etc. then time to slowly return to the workforce by doing temp assignments for catering/waiter positions, to which he has only just finally been accepted for a 3-month probationary period, for a permanent position, at a cafe restaurant. He has, over time, become more and more verbally abusive and bullying, and has been threatening in manner and speech, and in also threatening me, if I should try to have him evicted etc., I have since learnt of his previous situation as similar kind of scenario of difficulties, and apparently has had an AVO taken out on him via a previous boyfriend, and I now have an awful suspicion that he basically runs a brothel style massage service, from my very own bedroom, which he occupies in my one bedroom apartment, of which I am the sole leasee tenant and has apparently made himself a nuisance, of which verbal complaints, have come back to me about his behaviour and activities from surrounding neighbours.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I rang the police and they advised that with 'domestic disputes' are normally handled via the tribunal and police don't/can't get too involved and cannot have someone removed, even if they are threatening

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's basically the situation at present .... I want to go ahead and give this person written notice to vacate and want to check the correct way to go about it .. .especially legal complications etc.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/23/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

The notice to vacate based on the detail you have provided should be completed and issued by a lawyer.

Do you require assistance with having this notice drafted ?