Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Our almost new Renault has suffered signhasificant damage.

Our almost new Renault...

Our almost new Renault has suffered signhasificant damage. After seventeen days, we have been advised by the repairer that AAMI (the insurer) has decided to repair the car. This may take some time, because the repairer has been unable to find where the parts are now warehoused. Toyota has closed, along with the warehouse for Toyota and Renault (and others) parts. Is it possible for the motor insurance ombudsmen to ask insurance companies to expedite the publication of the source of car parts, and so reduce the time for car repairs from months to weeks. Currently AAMI gives the impression that it does not matter how long a repair takes. A view not shared by the customer and the repairer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Victoria, 2016 model purchased in February 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The car was towed by a toyota dealer, but AMMI have had european car specialist review the quote. It is currently in the workshop of the toyota dealer

11/23/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

This is not the ombudsman.

The Financial Services ombudsman will only deal with issues if your claim has been rejected.

They cannot make a supplier of parts get them faster.

The insurer is not responsible for the speed of the repairs.

The car repairer is independent of the insurance company.

The dealer it has gone to do they also sell Renault?

The damage was it due to a car accident?

Leon, Solicitor
The car is with a Toyota dealer who do not sell Renault.
Car rolled out of garage where it was parked. No other vehicle involved.

Why was ti taken to a toyota dealer?

Who made that decision?

Have you spoken to renault about this and the availablity of parts?

What did the insurers assessor say about the repairs?

no

No to you calling Renault?

We may be able to sort this out quicker on the phone

If you wish a call I can offer the service.

or we can continue here if you do not wish to pay extra

Thanks, ***** ***** was detailed and adequate. Your help appreciated. We will wait for the parts to be sourced.Warren Gould

You are very welcome

Please do not forget to rate me 5 stars so I can be paid.

Regards