Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to change to another telco package with in the same…

Customer Question
Hi, I want to...

Hi, I want to change to another telco package with in the same telco and this telco has been bought out by another company with much better rates but will not allow me to change unless I sign up for another 2 year contract and I still have 12 months left. Just want to know if this allowed please.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that’s all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

They are in their rights to ask you to meet the conditions of the new agreement. If the charges are based on a 2 years contract then that is what you must comply with.

Is it a requirement of the plan you want to change to?