Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My internet is working very well after the NBN installation,

however the technician just left...
My internet is working very well after the NBN installation, however the technician just left the cable dangling from the plug he put in near the ceiling. I live in a unit, the cable runs into our stairwell from wherever the main box is, and is covered with conduit. Should my internal cable be covered with conduit or is that at my cost?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry, Earlwood NSW which is a Sydney suburb
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No my brother informed me that he thought the technician should have installed conduit
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
11/22/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

If you are after the ombudsman their website is as follows

https://www.tio.com.au/

You will have to make a formal complaint and they will then investigate.

You should get together all emails sent to them and if there are none and just telephone calls set them out with details of dates time and who you spoke to and what was said.

As you are not receiving the service you requested you should also request a refund or a reduction in price on the plan.

There has been a recent decision with Telcos are charing customers less because they cannot provide the service they sell them.

If your brother is a telco expert and can give you a report about the installation and what needed to be done you should include that.

The more you give them the better so you can get a refund or some from of compensation.

But the complaint has to be in writing and very detailed as set out above.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Leon, Solicitor