Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son has been hit by another vehicle 6 weeks ago and

Customer Question
My son has been...

My son has been hit by another vehicle 6 weeks ago and provided detail to QBE as the other driver was at fault. his car has not been assessed at al; and it couldnt be driven as he let his insurance lapse with AAMI. he has been patient and has a witness etc but QBE wouldnt respond to his queries. he has found out today that QBE has closed his case without any consultation or his knowledge. he is unable to drive his car or get insurance cover because it is damaged. He has just contacted the witness and he has never been called by QBE at all. what can he do??

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This occurred in Perth WA and the car is a 2004 Ford XR6

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He completed the forms that the other drivers insurance company forwarded to him to complete. just asking as to whether this was reported to police or not but I dont think so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No only that they should contact my son Zac Gray on(###) ###-#### is that OK??

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 5 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

no thanks

Good Evening

He has no choice now but to get 2 quotations and send them to the party at fault with a letter of demand.

If they refuse to pay for it to be repaired then your son has to sue them for the money.

The process for suing is set out in the following link

https://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/debt-recovery-small-claims-procedure-wa/

This is his only choice. Also if the police were called and have a report he should get a copy of it as well.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor