Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Medical question. Victoria. Not yet. I had an operation the…

Customer Question
Medical question Lawyer's Assistant:...

Medical question

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had an operation the hospital messed up 6 yrs ago, I believe I have 7 to complain.....I waited and 6 yrs later, this mess up is still effecting me.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Evening

The limitation period is 3 years for medical negligence. If you want to file out of time you have to convince the court that they should allow it.

You have to be able to explain why there was a delay.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards