Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Family law? Vic, nope .. separation ... wife left ... she is

Customer Question
Family law? JA: Family law varies...
Family law?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Vic
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope .. separation ... wife left ... she is Vietnamese was trying for partner visa .. estimation how much funds to give her
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: married after 6 months visitor visa ... 3 years altogether .. made no financial contribution .. only a bit of housework
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 26 days ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Are you asking if you can obtain a divoce? Are you still in Australia?

Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

What you need to do is to commence financial separation proceedings, this can be done with lawyer or without, it just depends on the circumstance.

Which way would you like to proceed under ?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
This is crap .. I am applying for my $50 to be refunded (initially said to be just $5)
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am profoundly deaf .. no one can call me thanks gentlemen
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

what you have selected when you post the question is what is charged.

you will get good advice in this process and it is far cheaper than visiting lawyers office paying over $300 per hour.

Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone if you prefer. Just select the accept and my numbers will be displayed.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
deaf .. no phone
I am applying for my $50 to be refunded .. ppl obviously have not cared to read the contents of my question
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

so what is your question point ?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
you can re read it but I am not happy and I am applying for my $50 to be refunded
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

ok.

But your question is not clear as to exactly what your issue is. Try to explain in more detail.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I was advised that I needed to pay $5 viz "I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two" but my PayPal remittance was processed for $50.
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

just answer will fix that for you.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Then I await the "fix"
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

ok. in the meantime we can chat about your legal issue if you want ?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am estimation how much to give my wife (35 years younger, I am 70). She came with no assets and made no financial contribution to the household. We did not accumulate any additional assets while she was here for 3 years. She did housework mainly.
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

What is the value of the total asset pool ?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Say $1 million including my house
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

the 3 year relationship may end up costing between 30k to 75k subject to the facts. I would really need to talk with on the phone to explain how you can work this issue with a solution.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I'm profoundly deaf .. what facts in particular?
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

I have a special phone system which will make the voice very loud for you. This way you can hear it.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am profoundly deaf - ie I hear NOTHING ..
I want to sign off now
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

to explaining solution it will take a long time on the chat. Would you prefer email ?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I dont want anything except to have the money I was tricked in paying
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

ok. but you were not tricked, you accept the fee when you posted the question. just answer explains all the steps as you progress with posting your question.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No, it said $5 and my PayPal was $50
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
34;I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two"
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

the fee is based on what you selected at the start. Just Answer will fix your issue as you have sent them a message. Please allow them some time to do so.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I just quoted what i selected at the start
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

you will need to engage a lawyer with your financial separation with your partner.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I already know most of what you have advised .. I was just doing an estimate of what I may offer her it certainly won't be $50000
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
or even $30000
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 26 days ago

Your wife will be able to raise a claim in the Federal Circuit Court, which will be costly, and subject to the circumstance may cost significantly.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor