Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Family law? Vic, nope .. separation ... wife left ... she is…

Customer Question
Family law? Lawyer's Assistant:...

Family law?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Vic

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope .. separation ... wife left ... she is Vietnamese was trying for partner visa .. estimation how much funds to give her

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Married after 6 months visitor visa ... 3 years altogether .. made no financial contribution .. only a bit of housework

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Are you asking if you can obtain a divoce? Are you still in Australia?

What you need to do is to commence financial separation proceedings, this can be done with lawyer or without, it just depends on the circumstance.

Which way would you like to proceed under ?

This is crap .. I am applying for my $50 to be refunded (initially said to be just $5)
I am profoundly deaf .. no one can call me thanks gentlemen

what you have selected when you post the question is what is charged.

you will get good advice in this process and it is far cheaper than visiting lawyers office paying over $300 per hour.

I have extended a special offer to talk on the telephone if you prefer. Just select the accept and my numbers will be displayed.

deaf .. no phone
I am applying for my $50 to be refunded .. ppl obviously have not cared to read the contents of my question

so what is your question point ?

you can re read it but I am not happy and I am applying for my $50 to be refunded

ok.

But your question is not clear as to exactly what your issue is. Try to explain in more detail.

I was advised that I needed to pay $5 viz "I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two" but my PayPal remittance was processed for $50.

just answer will fix that for you.

Then I await the "fix"

ok. in the meantime we can chat about your legal issue if you want ?

I am estimation how much to give my wife (35 years younger, I am 70). She came with no assets and made no financial contribution to the household. We did not accumulate any additional assets while she was here for 3 years. She did housework mainly.

What is the value of the total asset pool ?

Say $1 million including my house

the 3 year relationship may end up costing between 30k to 75k subject to the facts. I would really need to talk with on the phone to explain how you can work this issue with a solution.

I'm profoundly deaf .. what facts in particular?

I have a special phone system which will make the voice very loud for you. This way you can hear it.

I am profoundly deaf - ie I hear NOTHING ..
I want to sign off now

to explaining solution it will take a long time on the chat. Would you prefer email ?

I dont want anything except to have the money I was tricked in paying

ok. but you were not tricked, you accept the fee when you posted the question. just answer explains all the steps as you progress with posting your question.

No, it said $5 and my PayPal was $50
34;I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two"

the fee is based on what you selected at the start. Just Answer will fix your issue as you have sent them a message. Please allow them some time to do so.

I just quoted what i selected at the start

you will need to engage a lawyer with your financial separation with your partner.

I already know most of what you have advised .. I was just doing an estimate of what I may offer her it certainly won't be $50000
or even $30000

Your wife will be able to raise a claim in the Federal Circuit Court, which will be costly, and subject to the circumstance may cost significantly.