Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have an easement on my rural property. It states that my

Customer Question
neighbours have free and unrestricted...
I have an easement on my rural property. It states that my neighbours have free and unrestricted access. Am I able to lock the gates at the road frontage if there is a key available for them to use? I am not disputing their right of way, but wondering if I have any rights in regard to security of my property.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Australia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They definatly have a right of way. It states it on the title, free and unrestricted access.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it.
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 22 days ago

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 22 days ago

Is this detailed on the title to the property ?

You do have a right to secure your property but it will need to comply with the easement conditions.

Can you tell me more about the easement ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor