Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have an enquiry regarding a rental lease break. I just

Customer Question
Hi there, I have an...
Hi there, I have an enquiry regarding a rental lease break. I just need to know my rights regarding fees they are currently trying to charge me.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: A friend of mine has taken over the lease and in that process the realtor varied my bond money ($1000) into the new tenants name and contract and advised me to get my money back through the new tenant. I don't believe it should be a "break lease" if that is how it has been handled as I haven't received any of the bond money.
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 25 days ago

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 25 days ago

What was the term of the lease and how long are you into the present lease ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor