Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have an enquiry regarding a rental lease break. I just…

Customer Question
Hi there, I have...

Hi there, I have an enquiry regarding a rental lease break. I just need to know my rights regarding fees they are currently trying to charge me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

A friend of mine has taken over the lease and in that process the realtor varied my bond money ($1000) into the new tenants name and contract and advised me to get my money back through the new tenant. I don't believe it should be a "break lease" if that is how it has been handled as I haven't received any of the bond money.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

What was the term of the lease and how long are you into the present lease ?