Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I received information that i was provided "potentially

Customer Question
I received information that...

I received information that i was provided "potentially inappropriate" financial advice from a Financial Adviser who was employed by Westpac Group with regards ***** ***** Superannuation. I was then made an offer of approximately $250 being the calculation of around an "implementation strategy" that was "potentially inappropriate at the time". My query is should i accept this amount or would I have cause to request a larger settlement of this issue?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No at this stage i have a letter from them but I am not sure about any action with regards ***** ***** adviser apart from him no longer working for Westpac.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

in this particular regard there has been a breach of duty of care and you may be able to raise a negligence claim against that advisor.

Please advise more about the loss you suffered ?