Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My question is about our contract with Air Liquid, is that…

Customer Question
My question is about...

My question is about our contract with Air Liquid, is that in your field.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do you'll charge for this service

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

What is the issue and can you email a copy to***@******.***

I can then have a look at it and we can continue.

My question is how can I get out of this contract. It expires 22/2/19. The other question I have is it legal for them to want 6 months notice to tell them we want to cease this contract. Also I have it via an email from their salesman that he can reduce our pricing & has the OK to do this from his sales manager. He now comes back saying he can't do anything. Therefore I need to know my rights. Also I would like to report them to the OMBUDSMAN, do you know the email address where I can lodge a complaint. Thanks

Good Morning

There is no ombudsman that deals with this.

It would have to go to court.
Let me read it and get back to you.

Before you answer, I did ask if there was a charge for this but did not get a reply. Im guessing this is an automated service & it just put me through without answering my question. I need to know charges before going ahead. Thanks

Good Afternoon

I do not deal with the charges. You have offered an amount before posting your question. That is all you pay provided you do not open a new post.

I am unable to say what you have offered as I do not deal with that part of the site.

OK, thanks. I await your reply to my questions then. Regarding there being no OMBUDSMAN I don't think that is correct as when I told them I would be going to the OMBUDSMAN he didn't say there wasn't one. Isn't there an OMBUDSMAN for all retail services?

Good Afternoon

No there is no ombudsman

I am not sure who you are referring to when you say "I told them I would be going to the OMBUDSMAN"

I am happy to ask you get a refund and not proceed further.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Regards

I was referring to the Air Liquid Salesman.
Thanks for your help I don't wish to proceed further.