Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I co own a house in Victoria. The other owner refuses to

Customer Question
co-operate to sell and divide...
I co own a house in Victoria. The other owner refuses to co-operate to sell and divide proceeds. How do I get a Court Order without a lawyer (I am an age pensioner)
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The co-owner is enraged at the thought of being forced to sell. She "hates" me, constantly claims we are partners. We are NOT romantically associated.
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Australia Law
11/22/2017
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 23 days ago

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 23 days ago

You are not able to force the part owner to sell but there are solutions.

Is the ownership tenants in common or joint tenants on the title ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor