Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I'm not sure if this complaint falls within your

i'm not sure if...
i'm not sure if this complaint falls within your juridisdiction, but I am unable to find any relevant body on the internet that may deal with such issues.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry I hit the go button too early. Victoria.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. Last night a violent incident ended in the court where I live. Police attended. This morning as I returned home, the media descended on me asking for details of what happened. after being told several times I had nothing to say about the incident , one of the acompanying throng began to abuse me for not cooperating with them. I have telephoned SBS & asked to lodge a complaint against this person ,. but have not heard back from them yet. Is there a body I can contact to lodge a formal complaint as SBs does not seem to have anything appropriate on their website.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want a contact number for an appropriate complaint body or ombudsman who deals with these types of situations.
11/22/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

ACMA deals with complaints about what TV and Radio Broadcasters do.

Here is their link

https://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/Complaints/TV-and-Radio-complaints/Broadcast-complaints

You can also lodge a complaint directly to them

http://www.sbs.com.au/codecomplaints/

If you wish to complain tot he Minister or Government Department about them you can complain to the Department of Communications and Arts

https://www.communications.gov.au/what-we-do/television/abc-and-sbs

These are the options open to you.

If they continue to harass you then you can take them to court and if they put any of your images on TV without your consent then you have a claim. You have a right to privacy

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thanks, ***** ***** confirmed my view of the situation regarding my privacy & the potential threat & significant intimidation that was attempted by this individual. The real issue for me was the person(s) / organisation to complain to. The SBS website did not contain an appropriate reference for this type of complaint. My name & details were taken for someone to call me back. I waded through many government & media websites that failed to cover my type of complaint.

I would suggest at the very least you send an email to both ACMA and the Government Department so they are aware of the behaviour.

All the best and good luck.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Leon, Solicitor