Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I would like some advice on a pending civil court case which…

Hi there i would...

Hi there i would like some advice on a pending civil court case which is to be held in Sydney on Tuesday. Quikfund vs Melita Pilch (me) can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

New South Wales

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Orders have been made 5 in total - One is to file a defense and the other which I am not sure about is to pay $1100 in professional services I think it is to the plaintif's lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just help needed what to do. I am on a Carers Pension and my daughter is paying for the flight up to Sydney on Tuesday. I was refused legal aid and pro bono as it is not in their expertise. Paying for a lawyer to appear for me is out of the question financially. The plaintiff's solicitor has just sent me a letter saying that I would be better served to come to an arrangement with them instead. The debt is $21,000 and I am 62 so I would be paying for this the rest of my life.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

11/22/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

What was the matter listed for on the last occasion?

It appears that you had not complied with court orders and the other side has expended monies (legal costs) and because of your failure to comply they have wasted the costs and the court has ordered you be liable to pay them.

This is common practice in the court system.

Do you have any assets? eg house car etc?

Leon, Solicitor
No assets at all. This is a Teleco scam and I was roped in in 2011 after the Black Saturday bush fires in Melbourne. Whereby I was offered free office equipment if I continued with Clear Telecom for five years. I had to liquidate but they want me to pay the balance of the contract plus interest.
Phone call session started

http://www.ucprforms.justice.nsw.gov.au/

Download and complete form 7B

Leon, Solicitor