Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have Family court orders that are current my ex partner…

Customer Question
Hi, I have Family...

Hi, I have Family court orders that are current my ex partner and i go back to court on the 4th of December. Our children live with me. I have sole responsibility for medical regarding our disabled son but it is shared responsibility on education. My question is if my ex and i can not come to a agreement regarding special schooling for our son which was recommended by a specialist what happens ? Our children have a Independent children lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We are in Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I had legal aid funding for a lawyer but i am now self representing for our next apperance

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer
Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. 

Kind regards. 
Where the parents cannot agree on a certain care aspect, it will be necessary to mediate the situation either lawyers or return to the court for an order.Do you need help with this important matter ?