Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a member of a strata of 3 houses. Is there any way of…

Customer Question
Hi ............. I am...

Hi ............. I am a member of a strata of 3 houses. Is there any way of liquidating the strata and each member being responsible for their own insurance etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Perth, Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have a Strata No 53830 which indicates that it has been filed. We do not pay any levies and as such dont have a Strata Bank Account. An insurance claim has come up and Gio will not pay the claim into the account of the claimant.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I suggested writing Gio to advise that the Strata does not have a dedicated Bank Account and that the money be paid into my account and then I will disburse it to the claimant, and that the letter be signed by all three members, but the third member is not happy with this.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

This can be done, it will take a bit of time.

Has there been a recent survey of the land in the last 6 months ?

No there has been no survey of the land in the last 6 months that I know of. I assume that this time consuming exercise will be costly. have you any idea (ball park) what it would cost. I will have to discuss it with the other members of the Strata.
Thanks for your help, but I am a pensioner and really cannot invest more money in this investigation. I appreciate your help and will share the information that I have received with the other members. They can take it to the next level. Have a nice evening.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.