Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I think I might be a father. I was living in NT at the age…

Customer Question
I think I might...

I think I might be a father

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I was living in NT at the age age 20 im now 38

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Is a claim being made against you for parenting or child support ?

No. I don't know for sure if I am a father. I had a relationship and next I heard she had left Darwin because she was pregnant.
I am unemployed. With no access to a future. I just wanted to see about the truth.

There are presumptions to parenting matters which covers child support that could apply.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.