Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Nuisance trees from neighbours. WA, to shire council,but…

Customer Question
Nuisance trees from neighbours. ...

Nuisance trees from neighbours.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

To shire council,but they can not do anything.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have spoken to the neighbour,bit did no good.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

You have the right to cut off branches overhanging your property.

Have you done this yet ?

no branches involved,a lot of small needles and flowers blocking my gutters and down.

Ok this is a problem too.

Have you sent a written notice to the neighbor yet ?

no

I think this is a good starting point.

Send a letter the neighbor explaining the issue that is occurring seeking the help to fix the same.

If they do not respond with 14 days, send a follow up letter.

If there is reply after that time, the next step is to issue a legal complaint which will reference the the relevant legislation.

Does this answer your important question as to what to do ?