Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Me and my business partner have purchased a mechanical from…

Customer Question
Hi, me and my...

Hi, me and my business partner have purchased a mechanical bull from someone we know, he organised it and got it shipped to australia from overseas.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Now we have received the bull after months of his lies saying it is on its way and when it will be here but didn't show up, we have bull now and we have asked for all invoices and receipts so we have evidence of what we have payed for. He will not send or give us anything and has now stopped replying to texts, ignoring calls and not calling back. Is there anything we are able to do? We are in NSW Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No we are unsure where we are meant to go from here.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing else off the top of my head

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

What the mechanical bull in proper working condition, or did you have to make repairs to it ?