Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am have been living apart feom, my husband for 12 months,

Customer Question
I am have been...

I am have been living apart feom

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

My husband for 12 months, he has always done his own person tax separate from mine. Am I liable at all for his tax debt

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

You are not liable for his tax debt.
Each taxpayer is liable for their own taxes

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

is there some
one there

Good Morning

Yes I am here

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago

Good Afternoon

I am following up on my last post.

If you need further assistance please let me know, I am only too happy to assist.

If there is nothing further please do not forget to give me a 5 star rating so I can be paid for my work

Regards