Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was wondering if my daughters father can stop me taking…

Customer Question
Hi I was wondering...

Hi I was wondering if my daughters father can stop me taking her out of school and moving 25 minutes away

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes and they said he can stop me if it impairs in his time with her but I would be happy to drive Lilian to his house when he has custody

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is going for more time with her as I have allowed him to have every second Saturday and every second Saturday night but at times has more and now he is saying I cant decrease his time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Matters of relocating a child from a school to another area will be subject to any parenting orders or plans that were agreed upon between the parties.

If there is no parenting plans or court orders, then the father cannot stop you relocating .

Are you being threatened by the father ?

The father is emotionally abusive. He says I am selfish and he is controlling and he will take me to court and go for fifty per cent custody and he purposely tries to distress me

have your considered applying for a family violence protection order ?