Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I has a branch of a tree fall on my home in April this year.

Customer Question
I has a branch...

I has a branch of a tree fall on my home in April this year. Since then I have been trying to get the tree removed. I have been told that I need an electrician to organize the dropping of my power line (the tree is big -60 foot- and on my front yard) I and the tree lopper have attempted to organize numerous electricians to no avail. No electrical work needs to be done. The system was upgraded when the insurance company did repairs. I worry every time the wind blows. This is not a way to live. But it seems impossible to organize a truck to come out to my home, drop the line to my house and later reconnect the power when the work is done.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

I am in Victoria, the tree is a liquid amber, over 60 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I have had 2 Permit to work Inspection reports. The latest electrician said that their was a defect notice issued but that was rectified when the insurance work was done in May. The electrician was contacted through thee tree lopper and has not made progress - or contact since then

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I cant think of anything except the tree is affecting my life - I check the front yard for fallen branches when returning home after wind, and I am reluctant to have overnight guests as a branch - or the tree may fall on them

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Did you contact the local council in relation to the tree. If the tree branch is from council or neighbors land, you may be able to raise a damages claim for your loss.

Would you like to consider this option ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor