Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How should it take for an insurance company (re landlords…

Customer Question
How long should it...

How long should it take for an insurance company (re landlords insurance) to reply to you with what they deem will or will not be covered by a claim..it has now been many weeks, and when I contact them, it's always a we will contact you when we all the details...their agent inspected the place on 26 oct.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Have lodged and followed all their instructions...I want to know what they will cover, as I said if it is less than excess, I will not proceed, they sent agent to inspect,and received a report they said they asked for a further report..(on 1 nov)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Landlord policies are usually paid out within 30 days if the claim is fully substantiated.

What seems to be the issue at the moment ?

they arent telling me what will or wont be covered
I also questioned the excess, as my policy document I downloaded from their site lists 2 excess, but they say I have more..

Do you have a copy of the policy document I can review.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone as it may be quicker to resolve ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

document not here, as i am at work (so phone not good either), but essentially it said my building excess was 500 and "other excesses that may apply listed vacant tenancy or some name like that...they say I also have malicious damage excess of 500..I asked why would they list one other at random rather than all others that applied...- i get that they will no doubt get away with that one (probably in some fine print somewhere), but their lack of communication of what gets me...I want to get the place fixed up and retennanted...but they are taking ages to even let me know what will be covered...

This is frustrating which I can see. If and when you have time, I recommend we discuss how to address this situation by telephone as it will make it easier for you. Just accept the offer above and my numbers will display and you can call me when you are free. Is that ok ?

have to go to meeting now.

Ok,

Talk to you when you are free.