Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am working in a retail store (store #1) and I want to

Customer Question
I am working in...

I am working in a retail store (store #1) and I want to resign to move to another retail store (store #2) selling the same things and purchasing from the same suppliers. There is a Restrain Period clause in my contract which commenced when I started working for store #1 and ends 12 months after I leave store #1.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The restraint period stipulates "The employee undertakes during the restraint period not to directly or indirectly, on their own account or as an agent, partner, director, or employee of any other entity solicit of transact business with any of the entities with which the employee was materially involved during the employee's employment."

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

can you upload the restraint period so I can review the same?

sure. give me a minute..

ok,

Here is the file

I am unable to review it clearly as the fonts are not clean enough.

Can you copy and past it ore re-upload the dcoument?

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.