Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I'm a property investor and recently my loans have come out

Customer Question
I'm a property investor and...
I'm a property investor and recently my loans have come out of their fix rate entitlements. I've asked the bank if I can extend my loan for a further 30 years or some term like that so I can pay off the loan via P&I at a reasonable level which is now a requirement. I'm not upset about paying a P&I rate as it makes sense in the long term. The bank I'm dealing with has refused to do this and put me in a situation of financial hardship where my repayments are double of the repayments if I was to refinance. They say I no longer meet their lending criteria It appears they are wanting me to sell an asset which was for my retirement super. I find it amazing that they say I can't afford a loan I have with them but then they make me pay double the amount pushing me to a point of hardship.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure how to do that or where to go even. I'm mike
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 28 days ago

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 28 days ago

Did you receive written notice from the bank?

And can you upload this notice so I can review.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Sorry but I'm at work and don't have the documents with me today.
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 28 days ago

totally understand.

Have you requested from the lender the hardship package to use a relief for the time being while you refinance ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor