Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My question relates to right of way on section of our

Customer Question
My question relates to...

My question relates to right of way on section of our private property that has been used as a walking track for 12 years. Council maintains weeds and grass on it. We want to subdivide and close it. Can Council insist we retain it as a Right of Way? I have written details on a separate sheet.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have good documentation just over one page.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is too good to be true, how to earn any money or do you later charge a fee?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Is it registered on title or is it simply by general use?

Not on title - it was to be a road on the boundary of two ten acre properties providing a link between two existing roads. Originally it was to provide access to properties if and when subdivided. Council once held $105,000 for eventual construction for our half. Later, our neighbour changed this arrangement and we received our money back. Council has maintained weeds and grass. It is a walking track, tree lines, all of which we have planted.

Good Afternoon

If it is not on title then it is only a right of way by use

If it ceases to exist will it impact on the access to anyone land?

Thank you for your efforts thus far, Leon but I will cancel it and refer to another so that I can supply documents. Doing it this way will not provide what I want. Have i committed to having spent my $76?

I will request you get a refund if you do not wist to continue.

If you have any documentation it would be of assistance.

I would need to see them and then ask a few more questions.

let us discontinue and return the $76 if you are able. I tried it to see how you operated.