Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I wanted to know who was allowed inside a closed court.

Customer Question
I wanted to know...

I wanted to know who was allowed inside a closed court

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Canberra

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure what you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Who is intilted to paperwork from court proceedings

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Anyone is allowed in side the court unless it is a close court session.

Once the court trasnascript is completed any can purchase a copy of the same.

Are you wanting to obtain a copy ?

If it's a closed court are husbands/wives allowed to attend for support?Will being a closed court affect the availability of the transcript... or are there other factors that may? Just to clarify, anyone can obtain transcripts????

If the court is closed, on the parties in dispute can attend.

Then transcript will not be public if the proceeding are closed.

What type of matter is involved ?

Will the acused obtain a copy?

Yes they will through their lawyers.

Would you like to discuss this important matter by telephone? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

Will that be held by the sollicitors, or will the accused have thier own hard copy

The accused is entitled to a copy and the lawyer should present a copy on request.

Are there any circumstances in which the accused would nit be entilted to a copy

That's a good question.

If the accused was denied that right it with be a breach of the rules.

The accused is entitled to a copy.

What seems to be the issue that is being faced at the moment ?

Questioning whether phychology reports or statements of minors would prevent the accused obtaining a transcript copy

this will depend on the circumstance and the case in question too.

Would you like to discuss by phone if that is easier for you?

OK

Have I answered your important questions today ?

Thankyou

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.

Excellent... thanks

You are welcome.

Would suppression orders affect the accused obtaining court transcripts?
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago

this is a possibility.