Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are a year into a 24 month broadband contract with

Customer Question
We are a year...

We are a year into a 24 month broadband contract with Telstra. However, our service interruption this year has been interfering with our business and working from home significantly due to many outages of days and sometimes weeks. However, in order to cancel and move to another provider they want to hold us to the 24 month contract and therefore it will cost us $1100 to leave. It has cost us significantly in buying extra mobile data as well due to having to tether off our mobile at home

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

On each occassion we contacted Telstra In some cases they helped by applying a mobile data pack but for the most part it was simply an apology. in the last phone call my husband was told the outage was deliberate to push people to the NBN

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our tenure with Telstra has been ~9 years so we are long term and loyal customers Thats all thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/21/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Are you after the ombudsman?

If so their link is

https://www.tio.com.au/

They will not provide you with legal advise. They will request you lodge a complaint and will investigate.

We are solicitors and this is not a free service but happy to assist if you wish to continue.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards