Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Australian invention support, Dear Expert, Is there any

Customer Question
Australian invention support,Dear Expert ,Is...
Australian invention support,Dear Expert ,Is there any organization or companies in Australia that can help me with developing and marketing my inventions ?Many thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/20/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Yes there are many companies, and the first step is to enter into a contract, which will protect the IP and Copyright.

Have you registered your IP and trademarked the product name ?

No
I have been told there is no where I can register my copy right in Austoralia

You are correct, you cannot register the copyright.

However, you can register the trademark or file a Patent application on the product.

Have you considered either of these options yet ?

Well,
Registering trademark is costly and it won’t stop other companies to copy the idea and make a few minor changes and register it themselves
I would like to copyright the software and app. How could that be possible ?In a way that other people can not copy the idea and make their software and app ?Many thanks

The appropriate way to protect the software and app is to patent an key portion of the code.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

Hello John,What is the offer ?Thank you

the offer is to talk on the telephone, which is displayed the above. When you accept you can see the numbers to call on .

I see
Maybe I need to login on my computerI can’t see the offer on my mobileI will check it out on my computer
Thank you

you are most welcome