Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been charged with obstructing a police officer, just…

I have been charged...

I have been charged with obstructing a police officer, just wondering what a likely outcome usually is

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Queensland, and it was a few weeks ago and it was at my own house

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

what was the obstruction related too ?

My partner rung the ambulance as she thought i needed to go to hospital and i didnt want to go and so paramedics and police arrive and i refused to go. So when they tried to grab me i resisted them putting handcuffs on me. They ended up arresting me and taking me to the hospital. I apologized but got given the charged obstructing police and given a court date.

Ok, this you can defend well in the court.

Have you got a lawyer yet ?

How would you reccomend i defend this charge, What are the usual outcomes for the charge. Id prefer not to get a lawyer if I dont have too.

There are several ways to do this but the most important is to demonstrate that this was once off event, through the use of character references.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

John Melis, Lawyer

numbers are displayed