Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have a son who was abused by the Queensland Police Service

Customer Question
at Southport he sustained brain...
I have a son who was abused by the Queensland Police Service at Southport he sustained brain damage due to the assault who would be the best legal help for my son we are not able to pay up front and there was also neglect by Qld Health.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Queensland Southport Lockup
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have reported the matter to the Attorney General and the police and the Minister for health six months ago and have asked for updates but no results. Just been emailed a standard response telling me it is happening.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son has recently been shifted from the Brain Rehab Unit at PA hospital to a home where there is constant help at Arundel . He is not the son I had prior to 23rd December last year .
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Australia Law
11/20/2017
Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 24 days ago

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Solicitor: John Melis,
 replied 24 days ago

In your important circumstance for your son, you will need a personal injury lawyer that specializes in victims of crime.

In this particular circumstance you will need to engage one of the major no win no fee lawyers that could run the case, such as Maurice Blackburn, but you will need to meet with these parities first.

The alternative is to meet with legal aid too, as they will consider such cases as well.

Have you spoken with legal aid yet ?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor