Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was married in Fiji 2000 I came back to Australia 2001 &

Customer Question
I was married in...

I was married in Fiji 2000 I came back to Australia 2001 & have no contact how can I dissolve this marriage

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My ex lives in rural Fiji with no contact

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/20/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

As you are in Australia you can file for a divorce with the Federal Circuit Court.

The process is very straight forward and you can do it online through the court system.

Would you like help filing the divorce application ?

Ok.

Would you like to file through the Court System or the postal services ?

Online

The first step is either you register with the Federal Circuit Court website, or I can process it for you

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer as I will need to raise various personal questions ?