Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

We bought second hand caravan from arv dealers Eden for

Customer Question
We bought second hand...

We bought second hand caravan from arv dealers Eden for $17,500. We were told the van was fully checked out everything was working well, and it did come with warranty. Just got back from our first trip, electrics not working. We're told bring it back we will sort it. Next day poured rain, awning leaks Like a seive now being told that's our problem second hand van. I threatened to go to consumer affairs dealer now saying Will talk when we see you surely they are responsible.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Eden NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

It us second hand but bought through a caravan dealer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything, they told us all was good with the van, we didn't see awning out as was in dealers yard and no room.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

How long ago did you buy it?

Do you have anything in writing to confirm what you were told? Was this advertised that it was in good working order and came with a warranty?

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor