Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Recently we bought a 2014 Mazda cx5 grand tourer, we have…

Customer Question
Hi there, recently we...

Hi there, recently we bought a 2014 Mazda cx5 grand tourer, we have had it for 4 months, and the radio all of a sudden stopped, Mazda had a look at it and to put a new one in is $2500, we have a 4 year extended warantee, but neither the car yard or Mazda will cover it, I just want to know where I stand as i think spending $36,000 on a car someone should be liable and not me, hope you can help, thanks John

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

WA 2014

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes Mazda took it apart to see what was wrong

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/20/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

If the repairer/seller is refusing to fix the vehicle, you can raise a claim under the Australian Consumer Law.

Have you considered this option yet to force the proper repair of the vehicle ?

No, they say electrical is not covered under warantee
I pay $5 now you want $82 what a scam forget it

I understand your concern. To assist you in detail on this important matter, I have extended a special offer to talk with you on the telephone if you prefer.

Please accept the offer and my numbers will display for you.