Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I applied for income protection back in March this year,and…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I applied...

Hi Pearl, I applied for income protection back in March this year,and had three months off work due to ongoing health issue. I had to access my super in order for me to keep my house payments up. I went back to work after three months and worked for another three months until I started to get sick again so I started the process again with income protection in September this year. REST super told me that they would back date the claim to March 2017 when I first applied. but still I have not heard anything back from AIA the insurers to REST. I have provided all the medical documents and everything that they required to meet the claim criteria, yet I still have to ring them each week to see where the claim is at, the answer is that the assessor is still reviewing the claim. I am accessing my superannuation to make ends meet and I intend to return to work after some medical treatment but this is terrible that I have to wait to be paid something that I think I am entitled too. Regards Brigitte

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With the insurer yeas all my paperwork has been lodged

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not at this stage thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 9 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Hi Leon, As stated in my previous email to your colleague I want assistance with an income protection matter, do you represent the Ombudsman's Supersaturation department . Thanks

Good Morning

Have they acknowledged the claim has been logged?

I am waiting for the assessor to approve the claim

We are not the ombudsman

The ombudsman details are as follows

https://www.fos.org.au/

You have to lodge a complaint with them and they will investigate. They will not give you legal advise.

I will arrange you get a refund.

Regards

Thank you Leon I thought I was talking to the ombudsman department my apologies

Not to worry

All the best and good luck

Regards