Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How i can make complaint against meachnic. Victoria

Customer Question
How i can make...

How i can make complaint against meachnic

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/19/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 9 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

I assume you have spoken him.

Are you wanting compensation?

meachnic did not fix my car, and he charged me 994 dollars.

Did you pay him?

Good Afternoon

You send him a letter of demand and set out what you know and demand a refund in 7 days.

If he refuses then you have to start proceedings in VCAT for him not providing you with the service and breaching the australian Consumer laws and asking for a full refund interest and legal costs if you are suing a solicitor.

Here is the link for VCAT

https://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/get-started/goods-and-services

You can make the application on line.

But you have to send the letter of demand fist and you show that he has refused to pay you back the money or in the alternative repair the car for the price you paid.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

i want to make complaint against meachnic

You can lodge a complaint with Consumer Affairs but they will not get your money back.

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/

You can put your complaint in writing.

it is also in your best interests to show you have spoken with the mechanic and they have refused to assist.

They will deal with a complaint