Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My friend asked to buy my caravan then changed his mind and…

Customer Question
My friend asked to...

My friend asked to buy my caravan then changed his mind and said he would rent it for a 100 aweek he paid me a hundred for the month in March another hundred in the month of April then rang me said I have got the money to buy it how much I said 5500 he paid me all up 3000 including the rental and now I don’t know where he is he hasn’t paid anything again for another month what can I do about it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Rang the police they said get legal advice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this stage ty

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/19/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today. Please allow me a few moments to review your post and I will respond accordingly. Kind regards ***** *****

If your friend has a permanent residential address, you can raise a debt claim to that address.

A debt claim is brought into QCAT for the outstanding amount.

If you friend fails to appear at QCAT you will get a judgement order in your favour and you can then commence collection proceedings against him for the debt due.

Did you have any written contract with your friend ?