Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Katy is a 40 year old mother of three who has a drinking…

Katy is a 40...

Katy is a 40 year old mother of three who has a drinking problem, she is addicted to alcohol in its many forms as well as taking medicinal drugs. her husband has kicked her out of the house and her little girls are very badly influenced by her behaviour when she is drunk! She was pulled up by the Queensland police last week, breathalized witha reading of 0.19 placed in the cells and released to apear in court next tuesday. i don't know whether she has any precious convictions for 'drunk driving' where do we go?? B***** ***** Ph: 0265 733 003 email:***@******.***

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Brisbane, Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She has been directed to appear in court next Tuesday (21/11/2017)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so! I believe she has had a drinking problem for 6 - 10 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: What can I say?

What do you mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

I am wondering 'what can I do to help her?'

11/19/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

She has to get a solicitor to represent her. If she cannot get one by them she needs to seek an adjournment so that she can.

This is serious and if she has a record for DUI in the last 5 years this is even more serious as it is a second offence.

The husband can also use this to get residency of the children form the Family Court.

You need to get her a solicitor that practices in criminal law to appear for her and represent her in this

The law society of QLD can refer you.

Call them tomorrow and get names of lawyers that practice in criminal law.

http://www.qls.com.au/Home

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor