Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I have been employed in a PP position and have been told

verbally that the employer wants...
I have been employed in a PP position and have been told verbally that the employer wants to make me casual as the organisation has restructured. I wante dto remain in PP positon till June 2018 but have been told I must finish PP at end of year and go casual Please advise thank you
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NSW
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Permanent Partime time 14 hour per week
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Does this come under a redundancy? There are less than 15 employees
11/19/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

If that is the case you have to be made redundant as your position no longer exists.

You cannot choose to remain if the position is no longer available it is no longer available.

How long have you been there for?

Leon, Solicitor
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
18 years, first as Practice Manager and RN and then in Permanent Part time as RN and General assistant(14 hours per week)
but I have just turned 70 and feel it is an age related decision. I am a very active person and have kept my nursing registration up to date
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Could I please be called tomorrow
Thank you
Nan Brandt

I will call you tomorrow.

Message me when you are available.

Regards

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
What number do I call you on?

I will call you on the number you sent.

Just let me know when you are available to talk tomorrow.

I will then call you.

You reply here tomorrow when you are available to take the call.
Regards

Leon, Solicitor