Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Hie. Nsw. Bail. How's the best way to drop a police avo

Nsw Lawyer's Assistant: Has...

Nsw

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Bail

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How's the best way to drop a police avo

11/19/2017
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Who has taken out the AVO?

Are any criminal charges attached to the AVO?

Be aware that you will not like what I will be telling you.

Halo
My husband
Are u still there

Good Evening

Your husband has taken the AVO out against you?

Have the police also charged you with assault or any other charge?

assault too

You will not be able to remove the AVO until the assault charge is dealt with.

The police will not withdraw the assault charge.

When is the next court date and are you pleading guilty or not guilty?

He is pleading not guilty
13 Feb

If he is pleading not guilty then until the hearing is finalised the AVO will stay.

If he is found not guilty then the AVO will be withdrawn. If he is found guilty then it will be set in place for a maximum of 2 years.

You are a witness for the police.

You will have to give evidence at the hearing

Your husband also needs to have his own solicitor as it is not easy to run a hearing.

Is he represented?

I am not sure because I am not talking to him
Because of AVO conditions and he is in remand

You can have the conditions amended so that talking to him is not a breach but you have to do this through the court.

If you want this done you have to speak to the police and ask them to have it relisted to vary the conditions.

But you cannot have it removed.

I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

Leon, Solicitor
Thank u very helpful

Good Morning

I am happy to have been of assistance.

All the best and good luck. Please do not forget to rate my work with 5 stars so I can be paid. If there is anything further do not hesitate to ask more questions.

Regards